Kathryn Cramer Career Development Award
Mara Schenker, MD sharing how the Kathryn Cramer Award has impacted her development as a surgeon.
Prerequisites & eligibility
Applicants should be senior residents entering fellowship or fellows with an MD or DO degree pursuing careers in orthopedic traumatology or orthopedics in their first two years of practice.
One proposal may be submitted per applicant per funding cycle. The applicant and PI must be current members of AO Trauma.
Funding & deliverables
Maximum funding per award is $15,000.
Periodic reporting is required, including submission of a final manuscript within six months of completion of the project. Proof of publication will consist of a copy of a journal-generated PDF.
How to apply
Online application will be open March 1 to April 15.
- 2020: Christopher Langhammer, University of Maryland
- 2019: Zachary Working, Oregon Health & Sciences University
- 2018: Leah Gitajn, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
- 2017: Prism Schneider, University of Calgary
- 2016: Karl Siebuhr, Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center
- 2015: Daemeon Nicolaou, St. Louis University School of Medicine
- 2015: Cyrus Caroom, Texas Tech University Health Science Center
- 2014: Emily Dodwell, Hospital for Special Surgery
- 2013: Justin Haller, University of Utah
- 2012: Mara Schenker, University of Pennsylvania
- 2011: Megan Meislin, Loyola University
- 2010: Roshan Shah, University of Pennsylvania Hospital
- 2010: Arun Aneja, University of Mississippi
- 2009: Louis Amorosa, Columbia University
- 2008: Fay Leung, University of British Columbia
- 2007: Kelly Lefaivre, University of British Columbia
- 2006: Christopher McAndrew, University Hospital of Cleveland