Young Investigator Research Grant Award
Funding for surgeons early in their career interested in performing high-quality, clinically-relevant spinal or spinal cord research
Application is closed.
Prerequisites & eligibility
See guidelines for complete information. Primary applicant must be:
- Physician, surgeon, or researcher with focused interest in disorders of the spine/spinal cord
- Within five years of clinical appointment at a university or hospital-based research institution
- Subscribing member of AO Spine
Funding & deliverables
See guidelines for complete information. Each award will be in the amount of $20,000. The number of awards provided per calendar year is based on the allocation of funds determined by the AO Spine NA Board of Directors.
Successful applicants must agree to present their research findings at the Annual AO Spine North America Fellows Forum the following year. A progress report regarding the research project must be submitted six months after the work commences. A final report must be submitted at the end of the twelve-month period and should include a description of the grant’s accomplishments and an accounting for the funds received under the grant.
How to apply
Applicants will submit the completed application form in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information required for the application includes:
- Proposal details (abstract, research question, objectives, methodology, etc.)
- Budget for proposed project period
- Biographical sketches