The AO VET NA preceptorship provides the opportunity for surgical residents of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons (ACVS) to visit a surgical center and receive additional training in AO techniques. The program will provide surgeons with additional experience and will make them familiar with indications, planning, techniques and pitfalls of osteosynthesis as judged by AO experts. This applies to fractures, multiple trauma management, osteotomies, joint replacement, arthrodeses, etc.
Prerequisites & eligibility
Applicants must be North American surgery residents interested in veterinary trauma and veterinary orthopedics, as well as
- Currently engaged in an ACVS-registered residency training program in North America
- AO VET member in good standing
- Must have participated in an AO Principles of Fracture Management Course
- OR participated in an Advanced Fracture Management course
- Must have a strong interest in improving knowledge in the treatment of veterinary trauma and orthopedics, particularly AO techniques
Click the link below for more information, or email email@example.com.
The program will be two to four weeks. The stipend provided may be applied toward cost of housing and travel: $1,750 for the first two weeks and $500 each additional week with a maximum of $2,750.
How to apply
Applicants will submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Proof of enrollment in an ACVS residency program
- Copy of AO Basic or Advanced Course certificate
- JPEG photograph (minimum 600 x 600 pixels, maximum 1200 x 1200 pixels)
- Letter of acceptance from AO VET North America faculty member (preceptor) at the host clinic
Applications will be reviewed and approved by the AO VET North America Fellowship Committee.
Current host sites
To get information on the different partner institutions involved in the AO VET NA preceptorship program, click the link below.