Advanced Techniques in Small Animal Fracture Management Blended 2021
Apply advanced principles and techniques to challenging small animal orthopedic cases with dry and wet labs
May 3-24, 2021 (online) and November 8-11, 2021 (Las Vegas, NV)
The Small Animal Advanced Techniques course expands upon the concepts presented in the Small Animal Principles course and adds new subjects for discussion.
Some of the best veterinary orthopedists in the world will present new techniques and innovative orthopedic concepts. Participants will be directly engaged with faculty and have ample opportunity for questions.
This course utilizes remote and face-to-face learning. Participants will attend four online sessions held May 3-24 and one in-person lab session. The lab session is offered on two separate days, November 8-9 or November 10-11, in Las Vegas, NV.
Participants will access live Zoom™ sessions and self-study materials through Totara, our one-stop-shopping online portal.
Learning will be delivered through
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to Integrate advances in the art and science of fracture repair into veterinary medicine, particularly as it pertains to small animals Apply new techniques and innovative concepts in fracture fixation to complicated cases in small animal surgical practice Discuss orthopedic complications for small animals, particularly canines Define indications for internal fixation and the criteria for implant selection Perform anatomic approaches to common fractures, gain adequate exposure and reduction, and successfully place implants in both plastic bone models and cadavers
AO VET Small Animal Principles Course, as some competence with instrumentation and techniques is assumed.
Who should attend
Veterinary residents, interns and practicing veterinarians with experience in orthopedics and traumatology.
Location, time, and tuition
- Viticus Group - Oquendo Campus
- 2425 E. Oquendo Rd
- Las Vegas, NV 89120
Date and time
- Online sessions: May 3, 10, 17, 24 (Mondays), 6:00-8:00 PM ET
- In-person labs: November 8-9 OR November 10-11
- Residents: USD $850.00
- Practicing surgeons: USD $1,000
- Kimberly Agnello, DVM, MS, DACVS, DACVSMR
- Randy Boudrieau, DVM, DACVS, DECVS
- Loïc Déjardin, DVM, MSc, DACVS, DECVS
- Jonathan Dyce, MA, Vet. MB, MRCVS, DSAO, DACVS
Derek Fox, DVM, PhD, DACVS
- Laurent Guiot, DVM, DACVS, DECVS
- Shantibhushan Jha, DVM, MS, DACVS
- Sharon Kerwin, DVM, MS, DACVS, DACVIM
- James Tomlinson, DVM, MVSc, DACVS, BSc
- Marc Wosar, DVM, MSpVM, DACVS