AO Trustees Meeting 2021 Brings Important Updates and Elections
28 June 2021
The annual AO Trustees Meeting 2021 took place in Davos, Switzerland, and virtually across the globe, on June 24, 2021.
Updates given by outgoing President, Robert McGuire and AO Foundation CEO and AOFB Vice-Chairman, Christoph Lindenmeyer included
- Cooperation agreement's five-year partnership agreement extension
- Latest developments from the AO Sports initiative
- Importance of opportunity, diversity, inclusion, and mentorship initiatives driven by AO Access
- New structures for both the Executive Management and the Global Networks
- Establishment of a legal entity in China
- Florian Gebhard: President
- Tim Pohlemann: President-Elect
- Jeffrey Wang: re-elected AO Foundation Board Spine Expert
- John Wilber: re-elected AO Foundation Board Trauma Expert
- Mark Markel: re-elected AO Foundation Board VET Expert
- Ernst Mäder Eich: re-elected AO Foundation Board Finance Expert
Joining the hybrid meeting virtually, from Jacksonville, USA, and representing the AO's valued partner, DePuy Synthes, Aldo Denti (Company Group Chairman, DePuy Synthes) announced that the two organizations will continue to work together on the development and certification of new surgical technologies for the treatment of pressing needs in orthopedics.
Florian Gebhard closed the meeting with his compelling vision and call to action: "I invite you to join me in this vision and journey: to passionately put the patient at the center of all we do at the AO!"